Manitowoc County EMS Association Meeting Minutes 7/28/2021
Host: Francis Creek First Responders
The July 28, 2021, meeting of the Manitowoc County EMS Association was called to order at 1900 at Reedsville Fire Station.
The meeting was called to order and the educational portion of the meeting began. Our speakers were from the Valley Mounted Search & Rescue who operate on horseback. They presented on their organization and how they can assist with searches in our area and gave a demonstration. 1900-1930
The meeting was then called back to order and roll call was taken. A quorum was present.
The secretary’s report was presented and accepted as presented for March and May.
The treasurer’s report was given and ending balances were given as follows:
1. Contact numbers: Asked for any updates and previous ones have been updated on-line. Email the webmaster via the website if you have any more updates. Please update your emails, contact people, and phone numbers by emailing the Manitowoc County EMS website.
2. Committee reports:
a. Radio: Combing with JDC Steering. No updated
b. Medical Directors: New state protocols are out, and departments can use them.
c. Protocols: online now
d. Finance: Nothing to report currently.
e. Disaster: Chief Blaser is working on this for with our next meeting in Sept.
f. Education and training: Some virtual training and education were shared.
g. LTC: No updates but you should look to booking your 2022 classes,
h. Dispatch: Hired 5 new staff and are excited with this. There was discussion on an EMS “par check” like fire. Agencies should discuss if this interests them.
i. Website: Mark Knier will continue to be our webmaster.
j. Emergency Management: Travis reports 8/18/21 there is an after action on the Oneida shooting at the EOC. All are invited. ID card updates: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-683-4360. The county radiation disaster is coming up with practice in August and the drill in September. The county is still thinking about replacing the command post. COVID vaccinations are still available.
k. JDC Steering Committee: see radio.
l. MABAS: E-MABAS is up and running and no big changes lately. We use plain language when using our radios.
m. EMS Day: nothing happened
n. MTSO: no update
o. RTAC: Del Zuleger is the new RTAC coordinator. NEWRTACRG3@gmai.com is his RTAC email with www.newrtac.org for the site. Phone 920-606-4346. The RTAC website is up and remodeled with current dates. They are looking a billboard for falls in September as falls are our biggest cause of trauma in Wisconsin. Discussion. The group is in favor of a billboard in Manitowoc County.
1. Next meeting date: 9/22/21 hosted by Manitowoc but starting at 6:00 p.m. and incorporating the disaster drill incident command training. Location to be the Manitowoc EOC (dispatch building).
2. Disaster Drill: will be with the September meeting.
3. Explorers: Mishicot started an explorer program in hopes of getting more people involved in EMS. They will also be helping with Riverfest.
4. Meeting schedule: Updated on the website and the website is updated also.
5. Bylaws: Discussion of looking at the bylaws. No action but consideration of putting a group together; Blaser and Becker so far.
A motion to adjourn was made by Collins and a second was made by Newton. Meeting adjourned at 2030.
Attendance: Branch, Collins, Cleveland, Newton, Reedsville, Silver Creek, Manitowoc, Mishicot, Valders, Emergency Government
Submitted: D. Holschbach, secretary
Deb Holschbach Newton Claude Siragusa Newton
Kayla Beckerdite Emergency Gov. Bryan Kornely Newton
Theresa Becker Mishicot Micki Foytik Reedsville
Mark Knier Newton Lydia Swtke Cleveland
Jean Green Collins Travis Waack Emergency Gov.
Kyle Newberg Branch Todd Nelson HFM
Dennis Laque Valders Chris Dallas Valders
Eric Lauters Valders Fred Busse Reedsville
Matt Strenn Reedsville Mike Kocourek Reedsville
Todd Blaser Manitowoc Fire