Manitowoc County EMS Association Meeting Minutes 2/27/2019
Host: Two Rivers Fire/Rescue
The February 27, 2019 meeting of the Manitowoc County EMS Association was called to order at 1900. The educational presentation was Bill Manis, MABAS Advisor from Manitowoc County. He presented on Incident Command, Unified Command, Active Shooter, and the Active Shooter Kits just deployed in Manitowoc County. He also gave a tour of the newly remodeled Manitowoc County EMS Disaster Trailer. A DVD of the trailer is being sent to the webmaster to put online for at home learning. 1900-2000.
Roll call was taken. A quorum was present.
The secretary’s report was not presented.
The treasurer’s report was given and ending balances were given as follows:
The 2019 statements coming out. Francis Creek still owes for 2018. Tom also reports that our $300 donation was sent to LTC. A motion to accept the treasurer’s report was made by Kiel and seconded by Manitowoc. Motion carried.
1. Contact numbers: Passed for updates and has been updated on line.
2. Committee reports:
a. Radio: We currently have better reception. Just recently a switch went out, but this has been repaired. Reminder for disasters or MABAS events, FIRE = red channel and EMS= GOLD.
b. Medical Directors: Nothing at this meeting.
c. Protocols: The state protocols are not out yet.
d. Finance: Nothing to report except we have officially dropped the thought of being a 501c organization.
e. Disaster: We are looking for someone to host the 2019 county wide disaster. Some suggestions included a “sim city” drill with communication as the focus. Todd Blaser will contact LTC about some options. Bill Manis showed us the new disaster trailer and he also gave a huge thank you to Stocks Manufacturing for the work they did on the trailer and donated!
f. Education and training: Reminded of resources as needed for agencies.
g. LTC: We received a thank you note for our donation to the Sim City development.
h. Dispatch: Connie reports that they are again fully staffed, and the task sheets have been updated to include the “unknown injuries” card which will now dispatch EMS immediately. Point Beach disaster drill is coming up in May and June and Travis is inviting people to participate or observe.
i. Website: Mark Knier will continue to be our webmaster. Disaster trailer DVD to be sent to him.
j. JDC Steering Committee:
k. MABAS: There is a meeting 4/24/19 at Francis Creek at 1900 to go over updates. The goal now is one card per section. The dispatchers have been practicing their MABAS cards. They are making a “water rescue” card like the JAWS card to that this is easier to dispatch.
l. EMS Day 2018: Decision made to not do the event at Copps and try the booth at the county fair in August. Kyle Newberg and Andrew Schwerma are our representatives and booth registrations open 2/1/19 and must be completed by 5/1/19.
m. RTAC: No updates
n. HERC: The Citizen Aid flyers and Champak packets were passed out for all. People are encouraged to take the Citizen Aid to their schools or churches.
1. Next meeting: March 27 at 7:00 p.m. at Valders and then we are back on normal rotation.
2. Upcoming Events: St. Nazianz Fish Boil 3/8 and Mishicot Fish Boil 4/12.
3. Unanswered calls: Some discussion on what we would like to do about unanswered EMS pages for First Responders. Group to take this back to their organizations and discuss options.
4. Recruitment/Scholarship: More discussion on some options for recruitment. We are discussing possibly funding some EMS classes either partially or completely and what that would or could look like. More to come. Committee leads Lori Krueger & Zach Peterson. The fire association would be interested in this also. We are looking into working together on this.
5. New Class: Kiel is hosting an AEMT class on Wednesdays from 1730-2130 and Saturdays 0830-1430 beginning 8/28/19 through 12/19/19. All are welcome!!
6. Active Shooter Kits: Are now deployed in all squads in the city and county; first out fire engines, and tonight First Responder agencies were given a kit for in their rescue vehicle. Kits main purpose it to help with bleeding control at a large incident. Kits contain a trauma bandage, 2 shrink wrapped kits with non-expiring items like gloves, triangle bandages, tourniquets, SWAT T and take. Refills are available at Emergency Government.
7. Welcome: Welcome to the new Chief at Two Rivers Steve Denzien!
A motion to adjourn was made by Branch and seconded by Francis Creek. Motion carried……….2035
Attendance: St. Nazianz, Branch, Cleveland, Newton, Reedsville, Two Creeks, Kellnersville, Francis Creek, Valders, Kiel, Mishicot, Two Rivers, JDC, Manitowoc, Emergency Government, Manitowoc County Sherriff’s Department,
Submitted: D. Holschbach, secretary
Deb Holschbach Newton Lori Krueger St. Nazianz
Tom Krajnik Mishicot Mary Zipperer St. Nazianz
Alyssa Johanek Two Creeks Steve Denzien Two Rivers
Mark Johanek Two Creeks Patrick Krajnik Two Rivers
Ryan Menges Two Rivers Rae Kubik Reedsville
Connie Bashaw JDC Travis Nate Kellnersville
Chris Dallas Valders Eric Lanters Valders
Todd Olic Kiel Theresa Becker Mishicot
Katie Koeppel Mishicot Bill Manis MABAS
Kyle Newberg Branch Hannah Pfeffer Francis Creek
Tony Meyer Cleveland Montgomery Schmitt ClevelandTodd Blaser Manitowoc Richard Tisler MTSO