Manitowoc County EMS Association Meeting Minutes 11/15/2017
Host: MFD (@HFM)
The November 2017 meeting of the Manitowoc County EMS Association was called to order at 1900. The educational presentation was done by Heidi Stradal from HFM cath lab who spoke myocardial infarctions and heart disease in women. This was followed by a tour of the cath lab. Education 1.25 hours
The meeting was resumed after education. Roll call was taken. A quorum was present.
The secretary’s report was presented, and the attendance needs to be corrected. With that correction, a motion was made to accept the minutes as presented. A second by Manitowoc and the motion carried.
The treasurer’s report was given and ending balances were given as follows:
All 2017 statements were mailed. Four departments are still outstanding: Branch, Collins, Kiel, and Silver Creek. A motion was made by Mishicot to accept the treasurer’s report as presented and Reedsville seconded the motion. Motion carried.
1. Contact numbers: Passed for updates.
2. Committee reports:
a. Radio: (see steering committee). Reminder to all to switch to channel 2 whenever possible on scene or enroute.
b. Medical Directors: None.
c. Protocols: Looking at formats and evidence based protocols. Also working on infectious disease protocols.
d. Finance: Working on 501 C status. There will be some costs involved with this.
e. Disaster: Drill was 11/10/17. Watch for survey monkey for input. Critique to follow.
f. Education and training: As needed for agencies.
g. LTC: 2018 schedule is out and was emailed to everyone.
h. Dispatch: There is a radio upgrade coming. One dispatcher is in training and they are still looking.
i. Website: Mark Knier is our webmaster.
j. JDC Steering Committee: Meeting was had and dispatched was asked again for clear dates and times on rip and runs. This lead to discussion on when agencies should “clear” from the call. Dispatch was also asked to note “portable on scene” when appropriate for EMS agencies. If anyone has an issue, they are asked to contact dispatch at that time.
k. MABAS: Will be trialing going to ifern after the first of the year. Drills will be coming on this.
l. EMS Day 2018: This is booked for next year. The date is Saturday, May 19, 2018
m. RTAC: Dates shared via email as well as information.
n. HERC: Information shared via email.
1. Next meeting: January meeting is hosted by Mishicot. There was discussion on the date and the meeting will be 1/31/18 at 1900 in Mishicot.
2. Elections: Elections this year are for President, Vice president, and treasurer. Theresa Becker was nominated for president and accepted. Kyle Newberg was nominated for Vice president and accepted. Tom Krajnik was nominated for treasurer and accepted. All offices were opened for nominations and there were no other nominations. A motion was made by Manitowoc to close the nominations and seconded by Two Rivers. Motion carried. There was then a motion made by Manitowoc to have the secretary cast a unanimous ballot for the following: Theresa Becker for president, Kyle Newburg for vice president, and Tom Krajnik for treasurer. This was seconded by Two Creeks and the motion carried. Congratulations to Theresa, Kyle, and Tom. It should be noted that Theresa will have a two year term, then Kyle a two year term and Tom’s term is also two years.
3. Disaster trailer: Mtwc. County gave some funding toward disaster trailer improvements. We will get the mass casualty trailer to use also. We are searching for an indoor home for this trailer. The county 4 wheeler is now housed in Two Rivers.
4. Jamie Aulik: Was supposed to be at this meeting but is out of town.
A motion to adjourn was made by Branch and seconded by Collins. Motion carried.
Present: Branch, Cleveland, Collins, Manitowoc, Mishicot, Newton, Reedsville, St. Nazianz, Two Creeks, Two Rivers, Valders, and JDC
Absent: Francis Creek, Kellnersville, Kiel, Silver Creek
Submitted: D. Holschbach, secretary