Manitowoc County EMS Association Meeting Minutes 5-28-2014
Host: Collins First Responders
The May, 2014 meeting of the Manitowoc County EMS Association was called to order at 1900. The educational speaker was Jody Nielson with Flight for Life. He presented on the Flight for Life EMS program and their options for our EMS agencies. He also presented a variety of case studies including a pediatric head trauma call from our area. 1900-2000.
The meeting was resumed. Roll call was taken. A quorum was present. The secretary’s report was distributed and copies given. A motion to accept the secretary’s report written was made by Two Rivers and seconded by Manitowoc.
The treasurer’s report was given and ending balances were given as follows:
Checking: $2474342 New CD Balance: $5198.03
Savings: $5000 2014 statements are out with Branch and Silver Creek outstanding yet.
Tom reported he moved the checkbook and banking to Community First. A motion was made by Newton to accept the treasurer’s report as presented and Manitowoc seconded the motion. Motion carried.
1. Contact numbers: Passed for updates.
2. Committee reports:
a. Radio: Feedback will continue. Nothing new.
b. Medical Directors: a suggestion to write a letter in support of Dr. Martens who is applying for the state medical director’s position was made by Newton and it turned into a motion which was then seconded by Cleveland. Motion carried.
c. Protocols: We are looking to do a reprint soon of protocol books.
d. Finance: Mark Knier is working on our tax exempt status.
e. Disaster: Silver Creek states they will host a 2014 drill. MABAS life safety cards for EMS are in progress. Silver Creek is thinking about 9/6 as a date for the drill. They will let us know for sure soon.
f. Education and training: reminder of RTAC and their options also.
g. LTC: New schedule is out.
h. Dispatch: Debbie and Theresa delivered the baskets which were reported to be enjoyed by all and a thank you was shared to the group for this. One person left and another was hired.
i. Mutual Aid Agreements: No update.
j. Website: Mark Knier will continue to be our webmaster.
k. EMD Steering committee: Be sure to send rip and run issues to dispatch ASAP.
3. Defib/trainer: Mtwc. has a lifepack 500 to borrow. Lori Krueger to talk to Sally R. from Heart A Rama about any extra funds. Nothing else new.
4. EMS Days at Copps: Went really well. A huge thank you to those who helped and who came. The management from Copps was wildly happy with us and wants us back next year. Discussion was had and we will go back there for 2015.
5. State Licensing: Jay Steuer is coordinating the first responder agencies to finalize everyone’s licensing issues. Thank you to him.
1. Next meeting: July 23, 2014 at Dr. Todd Nelson’s house. We will start early at 6:00 p.m. HFM and Mtwc. County EMS are hosting. Dr. Nelson is providing the house with a bon-fire. Soda and water as well as food will be provided.
2. EMS Dispatch: discussion about some placed that get their calls over their cell phone. Phil Tegelman was mentioned as someone to talk too. Some agencies are looking into this as an option for areas with poor pager reception.
A motion to adjourn was made by Newton and Two Creeks seconded. Meeting adjourned.
Next Meeting: July 23 at Dr. Nelson’s House.
Attendance: Valders, Manitowoc, Mishicot, Two Rivers, Newton, St. Nazianz, Two Creeks, Branch, Cleveland, Collins, Kellnersville
Absent: Maribel, Reedsville, Silver Creek, Viking, Kiel
Submitted: D. Holschbach, secretary