Manitowoc County EMS Association Meeting Minutes 3/27/2013
Host: St. Nazianz Medical Responders
The March 2013 meeting of the Manitowoc County EMS Association was called to order at 1900 by President Siehr. The educational speaker was Officer Jason Koenig City of Manitowoc K9 Officer & Officer Chris Hemauer of Mtwc. County. They spoke on the K9 program, the dogs, and how they work with EMS. 1900-2000.
The meeting was resumed. Roll call was taken. A quorum was present. The secretary’s report was distributed and copies given. A motion was made to accept the secretary’s report was made by Newton and seconded by Cleveland.
The treasurer’s report was given and ending balances were given as follows:
Checking: $479.58 New CD Balance: $5182.49
Savings: $959.12 All 2012 dues are in and 2013 statements are here tonight.
A motion was made by Newton to accept the treasurer’s report as presented and Cleveland seconded the motion. Motion carried.
1. Contact numbers: Passed for updates.
2. Committee reports:
a. Radio: Steering committee met that morning and they report that the first portable on scene will now finally be noted on the rip and runs. Again courtesy and patience are asked for use on the radios. You must wait to be acknowledged by dispatch. Try to get of county fire and go to another channel for any other conversations.
b. Medical Director: Presented two draft protocol additions. He is looking for input directly to Dr. Nelson.
c. Protocols: Dynamic and always changing. They are due for a total review in 6 months.
d. Finance: Nothing new
e. Disaster: Discussion on the Northeast RTAC wanting to use the new triage tags. One mini kit will be coming to each unit for use. Discussion on SALT vs. START continues. It seems the RTAC’s cannot agree. As for the disaster plan, it is in need of an update and upgrade. New committee formed of Kevin Siehr., Theresa Becker., Bill /Todd/Gregg, Mark Busse, and Deb Holschbach. They will work on this this year yet.
f. Education and training: Always available if needed by groups. Discussion on a seminar. There was absolutely no interest now when asked at two meetings. Idea dropped.
g. LTC: There will be a summer EMT and first responder class. Sign up early.
h. Dispatch: Lost another dispatcher. One trainee is doing well. Looking to hire again. Success story shared with doing CPR via dispatcher and a family member where the patient lived.
i. Mutual Aid Agreements: no updates
j. Website: Mark Knier will continue to be our webmaster.
k. Pink Heals: Pink Heals is coming to Mishicot on 7/21/13. Mark your calendars!
l. JDC Survey: Should be coming soon per Chief Manis. He asked if we had any specific questions we would like asked. It will be about 10 questions long.
1. EMS Week: Discussion if people were interested. Decision to do something at either Lowes or Copps. Theresa Becker to coordinate. Committee Randy Reimer, Kevin Hoffman, Theresa Becker, Deb H. or Mark Knier. The group is looking at 5/14/13. Manitowoc made a motion that the committee could spend $300 for expenses for this. Second from St. Nazianz. Motion carried.
2. Ambulance Donation: Chief Manis stated they have an old ambulance they are retiring. He was wondering if the Association was interested in getting it. He stated that it is a 1994 mini mod and the group would need insurance and housing for it. People are going to check if they have room to house it and he will check if the county has room. The vehicle could be used for rehab perhaps.
3. Defib trainer and mannequin: Discussion on the EMS association purchasing its own mannequin and defib trainer for use with first responders. Lori Krueger to get prices and bring back to the next meeting. Bill Manis to check on funding/grants.
4. MABAS: Chief Manis also would like to develop ONE MABAS card for life safety for ambulances which would be identical except for the groups called in to help according to area/territory the ambulance has. A meeting will be set for all of the ambulance directors to attend and Deb H. will be the first responder liaison. Card to be developed and presented at next meeting.
5. Next meeting: 5/22/13 at 7:00 p.m. at Two Creeks.
A motion to adjourn was made by St. Nazianz and Collins seconded. Meeting adjourned.
Next Meeting: May 22, 2013 at Two Creeks
Attendance: St. Nazianz, Two Rivers, Two Creeks, Newton, Kellnersville, Kiel, Valders, Cleveland, Mishicot, Manitowoc, Dispatch, Collins
Absent: Maribel, Silver Creek, Reedsville, Viking, LTC, Branch
Submitted: D. Holschbach, secretary