Manitowoc County EMS Association Meeting Minutes--corrected 9-27-2017
Host: Kiel EMS
The September 27, 2017 meeting of the Manitowoc County EMS Association was called to order at 1900. The educational presentation was done by Dr. Martens who spoke on opioids.
The meeting was resumed after education. Roll call was taken. A quorum was present.
The secretaryís report was presented and a motion was made by Manitowoc to approve the minutes and Kiel made the second and the motion carried.
The treasurerís report was given and ending balances were given as follows:
All 2017 statements were mailed out and as of now 4 departments are still outstanding. Outstanding are: Branch, Collins, Kiel, and Silver Creek. A motion was made by Manitowoc to accept the treasurerís report as presented and Kiel seconded the motion. Motion carried.
1. Contact numbers: Passed for updates.
2. Committee reports:
a. Radio: No update. The feedback continues. Reminder to all to switch to channel 2 whenever possible on scene or enroute.
b. Medical Directors: Overall the state has had an increase in complaints from within services. Reminders to keep your staff working within their scopes of practice. Narcotic counts should be tightly monitored. Narcotic wastes also need to be monitored and documented. There are statewide suggested protocols if your agency needs some. Dr. Nelson is still planning a meeting with Dr. Martens and committee for protocols.
c. Protocols: Looking at formats and evidence based protocols.
d. Finance: Nothing new. Working on 501 C status.
e. Disaster: Date changed to 11/10/17 at 1300. Everyone is asked to help.
f. Education and training: Reminded of resources as needed for agencies.
g. LTC: 2018 schedule is out and was emailed to everyone.
h. Dispatch: No updates on equipment failures as the proposed changes are in draft form yet. Dispatch is missing some contact information for Francis Creek, Maribel, Mishicot Fire, and Two Creeks. There are new CAD protocols coming.
i. Website: Mark Knier will continue to be our webmaster.
j. JDC Steering Committee:
k. MABAS: There will be a specific MCI MABAS card for the county wide drill.
l. EMS Day 2018: This is booked for next year. The date is Saturday, May 19, 2018
1. Next meeting: November meeting hosted by MFD at HFM. It will be 11/15/2017 at 1900.
2. Elections: Elections this year are for President, Vice president, and treasurer. A nominating committee of Tom Krajnik, Kyle Newberg, Curt Biely and Mary Zipperer (alternate) was made.
Theresa Becker was nominated for president and accepted. Kyle Newberg was nominated for Vice president and accepted. Tom Krajnik was nominated for treasurer and accepted. Nominations will remain open until November.
3. Bylaws: Discussion of possibly looking at changing the bylaws for the terms of president, secretary and treasurer. Discussion of a 3 person board or not. A motion was made by Manitowoc to form a committee to review these options and make a recommendation to the group. Kiel seconded the motion. No committee formed at this time.
4. Disaster trailer: Discussion on the disaster trailer and boxes. The disaster trailer will need a new home and some updates. Valders is working on the updates. There was a motion made by Cleveland to update the interior of the trailer with shelves and tubs as needed. Kellnersville seconded the motion. The Association will fund this but discussion on what amounts were dropped until after the disaster drill. Kellnersville formerly dropped the second and the motion dropped at this time.
A motion to adjourn was made by Kiel and seconded by Two Creeks. Motion carried.
Present: Branch, Cleveland, Newton, Kellnersville, Reedsville, Two Creeks, St. Nazianz, Manitowoc, Mishicot, Valders, Kiel, Dr. Martens
Absent: Collins, Francis Creek, Silver Creek, Two Rivers, Maribel
Submitted: D. Holschbach, secretary