Manitowoc County EMS Association Meeting Minutes 3-25-15
Host: Manitowoc Fire Department @ HFM
The March 2015 meeting of the Manitowoc County EMS Association was called to order at 1900. The educational speakers were as follows: Michael Wellner, of HFM Heart & Vascular Center and Daniel Downey RN. of HFM Cath Lab. They spoke on the topic of “First Medical Contact to Cath Lab Balloon”; EMS & Cath lab interface, and what a cath lab is and does. Education for 1.5 hours.
The meeting was resumed. Roll call was taken. A quorum was present.
The secretary’s report was distributed and copies given. A motion to accept the January report as corrected (with the addition of Reedsville being present) was made by Newton and seconded by Manitowoc. Motion carried.
The treasurer’s report was given and ending balances were given as follows:
Savings: $5007.46 2014 statements outstanding only agency: Silver Creek
2015 statements are here tonight. A motion was made by St. Nazianz to accept the treasurer’s report as presented and Newton seconded the motion. Motion carried.
A moment of silence was then observed in memory of Trooper Casper who was a Kiel native and friend too many in the EMS world. After this, the meeting resumed.
1. Contact numbers: Passed for updates.
2. Committee reports:
a. Radio: Reminder to wait until dispatch acknowledges you before you continue your radio traffic.
b. Medical Directors: Nothing
c. Protocols: MFD has made a few changes and updates. The state has not put out any recommendations on spinal immobilization yet. Two Rivers has their policy in place.
St. Nazianz is adding narcan, aspirin, albuterol, and tourniquets.
d. Finance: Mark Knier is working on our tax exempt status. No other updates.
e. Disaster: Cleveland would like to host a table top in fall; perhaps at LTC.
f. Education and training: always available
g. LTC: There is a new flyer out.
h. Dispatch: The phone upgrade is complete. Hopefully at the end of the year, 911 will accept texts.
i. Website: Mark Knier will continue to be our webmaster.
j. EMD Steering committee: Be sure to send rip and run issues to dispatch ASAP.
k. MABAS: Radio drills are almost done. Reminder given to observe the different radio protocols for MABAS incident.
3. County ID Tags: Are available via the website.
1. Next meeting: at Mishicot.
2. Meeting date: Mishicot & Aurora TR are asking to change the date to May 19 at Aurora which is a Tuesday to accommodate the physicians who are very interested in presenting. Aurora is hosting with Mishicot. There were no concerns about switching the date. All will be informed ASAP.
3. Tele communicators Week: Discussion on again sending baskets from all EMS agencies. A motion was made by Newton to send the baskets as in the past. A second from Kellnersville was made and the motion carried. Holschbach and Becker to take care of.
4. By-laws: There was discussion on changing the by-laws to reflect the Wednesday meeting change. No further action right now.
A motion to adjourn was made by Newton and seconded by Two Creeks.
Attendance: Reedsville, Kellnersville, St. Nazianz, Newton, Two Creeks, Cleveland, JDC, Dr. Nelson, Valders, Mishicot, Manitowoc
Submitted: D. Holschbach, secretary