Manitowoc County EMS Association Meeting Minutes 11-18-15
Host: Silver Creek First Responders
The September 2015 meeting of the Manitowoc County EMS Association was called to order at 1900. The educational speaker was: Randy Reimer, paramedic and Certified Car Seat Technician with the state of Wisconsin. He spoke on the proper use and installation of infant/child car seats, car seats and trauma, and use of car seats post collision. His email for further questions is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joanie Shavlik then gave a presentation on “Lean on the Lakeshore” and invited all EMS and fire people to join in this wellness challenge. She handed out information and also encouraged people to contact her to find out more.
The meeting was resumed after education. Roll call was taken. A quorum was not present.
The secretary’s report was presented and a motion to accept is as written was made by Manitowoc and seconded by Kiel. Motion carried.
The treasurer’s report was given and ending balances were given as follows:
A motion was made by Manitowoc to accept the treasurer’s report as presented and Kiel seconded the motion. Motion carried. Collins dues for 2015 are outstanding yet.
1. Contact numbers: Passed for updates.
2. Committee reports:
a. Radio: No updates. Transmissions from other areas continue. Radios will again change in 5 years.
b. Medical Directors: no updates
c. Protocols: We are looking at active shooter guidelines. The City of Manitowoc stated that
While Manitowoc County may do things one way they will follow both Sheboygan and Manitowoc.
d. Finance: nothing at this time
e. Disaster: It is on hold for now.
f. Education and training: If you need something, ask and help will be found.
g. LTC: Has a new spring schedule out.
h. Dispatch: One new hire again.
i. Website: Mark Knier will continue to be our webmaster.
j. JDC: Nothing to report
k. MABAS: Life safety will work with EMS and fire again.
l. EMS Week: Set for May 21. Mark to work with Copps again.
1. Next meeting: Discussion was held on changing the January meeting. St. Nazianz was not present but sent a message with this request. A motion was made and seconded to have the meeting on 1-20-16. Motion carried.
2. RTAC: EMS Active shooter is an emphasis right now. Discussion on using some of the RTAC resources for Manitowoc County agencies. Manitowoc and Newton to work on this with Mishicot.
3. Nominations: The offices of Treasurer and Vice president are open. Tom Krajnik accepted a nomination for treasurer and Theresa Becker accepted a nomination for VP. Ben Jeanty also accepted a nomination for vice-president. Offices will remain open.
4. AED Cable: no discussion on this tonight.
A motion to adjourn was made by Kiel and seconded by Cleveland.
Attendance: Newton, Cleveland, Silver Creek, Mishicot, Manitowoc, Two Rivers, Kiel
Submitted: D. Holschbach, secretary