Manitowoc County EMS Association Meeting Minutes 7-23-2014
Host: Dr. Todd Nelson & HFMMC
The July, 2014 meeting of the Manitowoc County EMS Association was called to order at 1920. The educational speaker was Dr. Todd Nelson who spoke on Narcan. 1920-2000.
The meeting was resumed. Roll call was taken. A quorum was not present. The secretary’s report & treasurer’s reports were not presented.
1. Contact numbers: Passed for updates.
2. Committee reports:
a. Radio: WISCOM had a system test done which failed. Similarly, Mtwc. County had a radio power system failure and they used county fire for all police business which is their plan if 800 fails again. Unfortunately, neither system has a good solution for their issues.
b. Medical Directors: Ketamine was added to the protocols.
c. Protocols: We are looking to do a reprint soon of protocol books.
d. Finance: Mark Knier is working on our tax exempt status.
e. Disaster: Silver Creek states they will host a 2014 drill. MABAS life safety cards for EMS are in progress. Silver Creek is thinking about 9/6 as a date for the drill. They will let us know for sure soon.
f. Education and training: reminder of RTAC and their options also. Theresa spoke on a recent presentation by Dave Taylor. Dave wants to get to each agency in Manitowoc County to tell them about the RTAC, to share some free equipment, and trauma. Agencies are encouraged to get in contact with him.
g. LTC: No report
h. Dispatch: Nothing new (covered in radio reports)
i. Website: Mark Knier will continue to be our webmaster.
j. EMD Steering committee: Be sure to send rip and run issues to dispatch ASAP.
3. County ID Tags: Are available via the website.
4. State Licensing: Jay Steuer is coordinating the first responder agencies to finalize everyone’s licensing issues. Thank you to him.
1. Next meeting: Sept. 24, 2014 at Francis Creek.
2. MABAS: New cards 5-1-14. The county continues with drills on these.
3. County Fair: Volunteers are being sought. Call Judy at MFD if interested in helping especially from 1500-2300.
Attendance: Manitowoc, Newton, Mishicot, Branch, St. Nazianz, Two Creeks, HFMMC, AMC
Submitted: D. Holschbach, secretary