Manitowoc County EMS Association Meeting Minutes 3-26-2014
Host: Cleveland First Responders
The March, 2014 meeting of the Manitowoc County EMS Association was called to order at 1900. The educational speaker was Bob Cramer with Great Lakes Search & Rescue K9 Inc. He spoke on their search and rescue team and how they can help EMS. 1900-1940. Curtis Green the spoke on home births and Manitowoc County and some perspective from the coroner’s office. 1940-2000
The meeting was resumed. Roll call was taken. A quorum was present. The secretary’s report was distributed and copies given. A motion to accept the secretary’s report written was made by Two Rivers and seconded by Kiel.
The treasurer’s report was given and ending balances were given as follows:
Checking: $820.98 New CD Balance: $5198.03
Savings: $960.07 2014 statements are here tonight.
A motion was made by Newton to accept the treasurer’s report as presented and Cleveland seconded the motion. Motion carried.
1. Contact numbers: Passed for updates.
2. Committee reports:
a. Radio: Feedback will continue. Nothing new.
b. Medical Directors: Dr. Martens was asked her preference between SALT and START. She personally prefers SALT but is going to wait for the state to decide. Discussion on narcan was again had. All proposed narcan administration will be intranasal. Sheboygan County is looking at first responders doing glucometry as it is now available for first responders. However you will need a CLIA wavier which costs $150 every 2 years. The paperwork is on the state site if people are interested.
c. Protocols: ALS is changing a few medications. We are looking to do a reprint soon of protocol books.
d. Finance: Mark Knier is working on our tax exempt status.
e. Disaster: Silver Creek states they will host a 2014 drill. MABAS life safety cards for EMS are in progress. Silver Creek is thinking about 9/6 as a date for the drill. They will let us know for sure soon.
f. Education and training: People did not want a seminar this year. There is some in Oconomowoc in September; the and UW has some in June.
g. LTC: requests agencies make their class submissions asap.
h. Dispatch: Telecommunicators Week is coming up. Kiel made a motion to send our traditional fruit, cheese, and chocolate baskets to each shift. A second came from Branch. Debbie and Theresa will take care of this.
i. Mutual Aid Agreements: No update.
j. Website: Mark Knier will continue to be our webmaster.
k. EMD Steering committee: Be sure to send rip and run issues to dispatch asap. The dispatchers continually get training.
3. Defib/trainer: Mtwc. has a lifepack 500 to borrow. Lori Krueger to talk to Sally R. from Heart A Rama about any extra funds.
1. Next meeting: May 28, 2014 in Collins.
2. EMS Week: We will be celebrating this Saturday, May 17, 1014 at Copps in Manitowoc. All EMS agencies are asked to participate. We are looking at 10-2 ish.
3. EMS Get-together: Dr. Nelson offered to host the July 2014 meeting at his house with a bon-fire, food, fun and get to know each other. The offer was accepted and thanks to Dr. Nelson.
4. Congratulations: To Chief Todd Blaser on his appointment to the position of chief in Manitowoc.
5. Dates: 4/26 Ant Hill Mob 4/27 Cleveland Brat Fry; 4/4 Reedsville Fish Boil; 5/10 Kellnersville Bash;
4/11/14 Mishicot Fish Boil; 5/16 Newton Perch Fry; 5/17 EMS Day at Copps
A motion to adjourn was made by Two Rivers and Manitowoc seconded. Meeting adjourned.
Next Meeting: May 28 at Collins
Attendance: Valders, Manitowoc, Mishicot, Kiel, Two Rivers, Branch, Cleveland, Newton, St. Nazianz, Silver Creek, Two Creeks, Kellnersville
Absent: Viking, Collins, Francis Creek, Maribel, Reedsville, JDC, LTC
Submitted: D. Holschbach, secretary